Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day Chicago Fishing Report

I arrived at the wall today around 4:30 a.m. there were a handful of others there upon my arival, not as many as yesterday, but still a few other early birds. I had high hopes once again, and today things were a little better than yesterday. As soon as that sun got near the horizon the bite turned on, and stayed on for something like 40 minutes. I landed the first fish out of the other men out there, but was soon put to shame by the guys fishing with softshells.

Myself and the other guys using jigs with flukes were doing poorly so I switched to shad raps and quickly landed a 13" jumbo. The guys using shad raps all took around a half dozen in that 5-6 oclock magic hour. Those using soft shells took 8-10. It looks like the bite is switching over at long last. I knew it would happen but I didn't think it would be so sudden. I found only one softshell in the perch stomachs this morning upon fillet, and found more alewifes than anything else, but it was certainly a softshell bite.

Get those softshells and get out there, the bite has been lasting longer and perch were bigger on average this morning, I'm still looking for a limit at some point...

Good luck out there, and happy fathers day to any father that may happen to stumble upon this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment