Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Daily Chicago Perch Fishing Report : 6/9/2009

I got out this morning extra early anticipating a great bite because of the hard west wind blowing yesterday. I arrived at 3:45 a.m. and set up next to a guy named Tommy, the only other angler there. We talked for around an hour without so much as a bite. As the sun started to rise we moved out to the lake from the harbor and immidiatly started getting fish. I only ended up with 2 decent sized perch. A friend of mine got 5 and some others got around 10. The fast action lasted something like 25 minutes. After that it was done for the rest of the morning.

Pretty dissapointing. The action has been very on and off and the on times sometimes only last 15 minutes or so. Limits are attainable but the fishing gods have not been kind to me so far this June. 9 or 10 hours of perching done, 5 keepers.

I'll hit it right one of these mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment