Monday, June 29, 2009

2009 Fish Totals, first half

Well, tomorrow marks the passing of the first half of 2009. It's time to total up my catch for the first part of the year. It's been a great start to 2009 and I can only dream of catching as many quality fish as I did in the waxing part of this year.

Here we go:

Yellow Perch: 499
Brown Trout (inland): 48
Rainbow Trout (inland): 5
Rainbow Trout (steelhead): 6
Brook Trout: 3
Coho Salmon: 4
Chinook Salmon (fingerlings): 3
Largemouth Bass: 10
Smallmouth Bass: 6
Sucker: 3
Sunfish: 2
Bluegill: 5
Rock Bass: 20
Walleye: 2
Northern Pike: 48

Total 664 fish

So all in all, it's been a great 6 months. From here out there will be a lot more bigger game fishing. There will be Bass, Walleye, and Northern Pike in northern Minnesota. Follwed by a shot at the Skamania strain of Steelhead, Brown Trout from Wisconsin harbors, more inland trout fishing in Wisconsin. Then will be a couple of months chasing Kings and Browns in the tributaries in Wisconsin, followed by the later running Steelhead strains in November.

I really can't wait for any of this, it's going to be a ball. Thanks to everyone that's fished with me, brought me to their "secret spot", and actually met me at 4:30 a.m. to get at some perch. I'm blessed to live in such spot so conducive to angling. I will keep at it as long as I'm permitted.

Round 2, here we go... See you on the seawall, the river, the lake, the dock, the pond, the dam, and under the bridge.

1 comment: