Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chicago Perch Fishing Report, Early June

Got out to the wall this morning at around 4:45. The bite turned on very strong around 5:15, lasted until just before 6:00. A couple of the gentleman to my south had easy limits, I had trouble getting on them for some reason, the smaller shad-raps they were using must have just been the ticket this morning.

Gave my couple keepers to a friend of mine to add to his stringer. I saw a couple of 14" jumbos landed with huge shoulders. They almost looked like walleye (in size and proportion) really incredible. I'd love to get a couple like that for photographs.

Wind is looking unfavorable again for the next few days. Anytime the wind is south-west, west, or west-northwest get out there and get them while they're here. It would be nice to get a good week of west winds so we could all get out there and tackle them before the season closes at the end of the month.

See you on the sea wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment