Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great Lakes Angler Heads to Michigan to Tighten a Line

I'm back from a 75 hour week of photography in Texas, we photographed Bass Hall for Schwarz architects. A beautiful place, having never been to Texas before it was refreshing to see a little of the state. Fort Worth is not a bad town.

As I few over America I couldn't help wondering if anglers across the nation were far below me wetting lines on the thousands of lakes and rivers I passed over.

Well, now I have a week off and it's off to Michigan. I'll be staying in my Grandfather's old cabin on Crystal Lake. There will be many attempts made at Salmon and Trout from the break walls in Frankfort, as well as some fly casting in the Betsie river.

I expect to troll for lake trout and drift for perch in Crystal lake while I'm there as well.

I'm overwhelmed with a sense of direction in my life now and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to reflect on that for a week while the sun shines on my back and (hopefully) a Salmon or Trout tugs at my line.

I'll be photographing a lot while in Michigan and will do my best to bring you shore fishing reports for Salmon from Frankfort as well as river fishing reports for the Betsie River.

Until then, I'll see ya out there!

1 comment:

  1. Next time you're there, try Lake Fork for largemouth or lake Texhoma for stripers!

    ReplyDelete