Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicago Blizzard 2011 Photographs and Video

This week Chicago got more than 20 inches of snow accompanied by driving winds with gusts up to 70 miles per hour.  I spent a good portion of it out in the snow and wind with my camera making what I could.  I have always been one to make the best out of a great storm and I feel content knowing that I didn't waste a minute of the blizzard.

Here you can see the storm's progression at my front door.





The Louis Sullivan Church at Leavitt and Haddon near my house.  A favorite of mine, my camera can't stay away from it.  Captured here at dawn and again in the early afternoon.



This is a good friend of mine, Matt Messner who I do much of my photography with.  We hiked the neighborhoods together in the worst of it and made a video which I will embed below.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! I heard and read about the snow up in the north but your pics and the video really kick me out the chair. For us down here in South Texas conditions like this are hard to imagine.
    Conditions for fishing aren't the best here right now either since the weather is going crazy and has been changing from mild or almost warm to cold withing a very few days. I can't wait for the Spring to set in and have more steady temperatures again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super crazy. i know exactly where the church is. hard to believe wisco opener is just around the corner when lookin at those pics. if it's over 40 degrees, i'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! Great pictures. I wont see that here in vegas. Great blog! You got a new follower

    ReplyDelete