Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Great Lakes Fish Project


Since moving to Chicago and getting the lay of the land (and the water) I've been looking for a new photography project, and as a first post here at great lakes angler it seems fitting to announce the great lakes fish project.

I've set out to photograph every species of fish currently residing in the great lakes.  I've been working on a small portable fish photo lab that I can bring to the water with me.  




Yellow Perch : Perca flavescens

The Yellow perch is the first in the list of great lakes species that I've been able to land and photograph.  Now that the ice is fleeting and average surface temperature of lake michigan is up around 37 degrees I should be able to target Coho, Brown Trout, Steelhead, Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, as well as other panfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment